Saturday, April 5, 2008

Beautiful Day

It's a beautiful day here in Houston and I'm inside organizing the office/craft room/
school room. It's been a work in progress over the last two weeks. With two sick kids, one sick kitten and the never-ending daily tasks it has been quite difficult to get much done.

Today, however, everyone appears well so I got up early to get to work. I needed a few things so my sweet hubby went to Home Depot and Walmart. He's so sweet that way....getting me things when I ask without a complaint. I am not so gracious; I'm convinced it stems from being the gopher for my mom when I was growing up. I am learning from him. Anyway....

When he returned home, he told me not to come outside because he was working on a surprise. That's another thing he does that I love...little surprises just because.

Since we are leasing our home, we don't want to do much digging in the yard so we decided containers would be easiest. We eat mostly organic food and I thought it would be great if we could grow some things at home to cut our produce costs at the grocery store. Over half of our food budget is spent on produce and it gets expensive purchasing organic foods.

A little while later I was allowed to see what he had done. He created this container garden for me with some of my favorite vegetables and herbs. He even used organic soil. I'm so proud. What a great surprise!

No comments: