Monday, April 14, 2008

And...I'll Have a Side of Cholesterol

Michael and I got some much needed quality time last evening while the kids hung out with Grandpa. And where did we spend it? Doing what else...grocery shopping sans kids.

As all good grocery shoppers know, you never go to the store hungry or you end up purchasing things you never would otherwise (i.e. Cheetos, Twinkies, etc.), so we stopped off at Champps before we headed to Central Market. Which is my favorite...absolute favorite...grocery store ever. We eat almost all organic food and it is the best with the most variety at a decent price.

Now back to our regularly scheduled blogging....

We usually share a meal and so we ordered a salad and peppercorn bacon burger. Hubby wanted the salad; I wanted the burger. I ate healthy at lunch and felt like indulging a bit. When our food arrived, the runner assumed I had ordered the salad...go figure! Why was he surprised? One look at my husband's face clued me in. He was staring at the monstrosity on my platter. Before me was a double-decker burger with all the fixings and queso waffle fries!

I assumed a burger was a burger and did not read the description. It had to weigh half a pound...probably more. I had actually ordered the Peppercorn Bacon Stack Burger. Had I noticed that key word I would have made a different selection. I could only eat a quarter of it and a few fries. Yes, I had some salad also.

I laughed when I recalled the look on the guy's face as he set it before me. No wonder he looked like I had two heads. I must have been the first woman to order that thing. I imagined him going back to the kitchen and yelling, "Guys, you gotta see this!" Too embarrassed to see if they were indeed staring at me through the glass, I forged ahead. It was fabulous...all juicy and dripping with greasy goodness.

Let's just say I'll be reading the "fine" print next time.

No comments: