Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Long Time No Post

I am so sorry for not being more diligent to update my loyal readers...I mean, reader. Please forgive. Just thought I'd let you know we survived Ike. No damage to our home just 15 days without power. Thank God for generators.
We were able to do important things like play on the Wii...

...and watch episode after episode of House. We also got to dry clothes the old fashioned way.

(Note to self: always use fabric softener on towels or they will dry stiff as a board.)

Our sweet girl rescued a stray (a Chocolate Pomeranian named Piper).

And the cat stayed cool sleeping in the dark bathroom or in my curio cabinet with my breakables (One of the glass doors was broken when we moved and it hasn't been replaced).


We're back to relative normalcy. The kids only had a week and a half of school when the hurricane hit so that threw us off our schedule. We're starting over. We bought planners for the kids to get themselves in the habit of writing out their daily tasks and checking them off.

I'm focusing on the basics with our youngest (a 5th grader) who's having a difficult time mastering the...well, the basics, like adding, subtracting, multiplying. Just one of many reasons why we chose to homeschool. I've got some great ideas from friends, books and online resources and I'm hopeful she'll learn while having fun.

I must go make dinner before my son heads off to football practice with Dad and Sis while I enjoy a night out stamping with my friends. Aaahhh, Stampin' Up, take me away!

No comments: