Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What's In a Name?

Most of my posts have been humorous thus far, but I am a deep, serious person by nature. I tend toward the moody side, often brooding about life (Read: artist.) Even my name means "deep, dark." I was doomed from birth! However, my middle name means "victorious overcomer." Can you say oxymoron?

That said, I actually love my name. I don't run into too many Melanies, so I get to be unique. I have recently made a new friend and we have so much in common including our names, which I actually enjoy. It's like we have an instant connection because of it.

I adore unique names. One of my friends is named Montreece, and another, Samikarla. I met someone a few weeks ago named Maritza. And I love "Ziva" on NCIS. Those are great names! Definitely not on the top ten list of baby names. Even my son's name is unique, though I am hearing it more often. I won't be sharing his name; it's a security issue for this paranoid mommy.

So, how about you? Do you like your name? Is it unique or common? Does that drive you crazy or do you even care?

No comments: