Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Laughter IS the Best Medicine

Here's what has us rolling on the floor laughing at our house:
  • Dear daughter wants a drink so she gets a cup out of the dishwasher with freshly washed dishes which means some of the cups are filled with water so she decides to dump it out right there rather than in the sink. She doesn't realize the cat is standing on the open door as she pours out the water so it lands on his back. He promptly jumps a foot into the air and now looks like his fur has been spiked with gel. This is one of those stories you try to tell as you laugh and feel like you're going to hyperventilate before you get it out.
  • Rocket jacked-up on catnip racing back and forth across the furniture then sliding across the end table and falling off.
  • Rocket...again...realizing we're leaving the house runs toward the door then slides to a stop only when he hits it.
Apparently, most of the comedy at our home revolves around the kitty.

I know I have many funny stories about my kids but I can't think of any right now. Probably because they're on my last nerve today. Screaming "NO!" about doing school, bossing each other about ridiculous things, lamenting "I hate my life" when grounded...makes Mommy very crabby.

All I want for Mother's Day is for my kids to not fight (sung to the tune of "All I Want For Christmas").

No comments: