Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I have succumbed...

Several months ago I stated that I would not be attending opening night of New Moon with all those "crazy fans."  Famous last words.

Five of my girlfriends and I will be attending the 12:01 showing.

Not only am I going to see the movie that night, I am dressing up as Alice and decorating my car.  We will also be meeting at The Goose's Acre for drinks and appetizers, then we'll go stand in line early to get the first pick of seats, hopefully.

I am prepared to hear talking, screaming and texting.  Having imagined the worst, I hope I will be pleasantly surprised, but I will not hold my breath.  I prefer people to be silent, except where appropriate exclamations are warranted, rather than chat with their friends throughout the film.

And I hate when movie-goers pay $9 to text incessantly on their cellphone, which shines incredibly bright in the dark theater.  It hurts my eyes...*whining.  I mean, seriously people, can't you go without texting or talking for a mere two hours?

Knowing these annoyances may occur, I already have a plan:  I will be seeing the movie on the big screen three more times.

During the day the following week, while the teenagers are at school, you'll find me in the middle of the theater all by myself.  This way I'm nearly certain to not have to battle with chatty teenagers.  though, they may not be as bad as the Twilight moms on opening night.  I hope to have the theater all to myself at 10:20 on a weekday morning (I'm not telling you when.  I said I want to be alone!).   

Then, my sweet hubby is going to take me out for a date night so we can see it together.  He is actually looking forward to it because there is much more action in this one.  Since Mom will be in town, we'll have a sitter...for free!  Gotta love those grandmas!!

Last, if we decide there is no questionable material for the kids (11 & 13), then we'll make it a family event Thanksgiving weekend.  They both get excited about the action sequences in the previews and have already expressed they "must see it!"  

I have never seen a movie so many times at the theater.  I can't wait to spoil myself!!

No comments: