Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!!




The turkey is smelling positively mouth-watering right now and there's not too much left for me to make.  Actually, now that I think about it, there is quite a bit but it's all easy plus I have a willing and eager helper, Meg.  She loves to cook and bake.  In fact, she made the apple pie this morning.  I helped with some instruction on the ingredients and assembly, but she did the rest.


Slicing the apples.

 
Pouring them into the crust.

 
 Topping it with an oatmeal crumb mixture.  Looking good!

Michael's parents drove up so there will be six of us.  I love having Holiday dinners at our home.  I wish more of our family could make it down from Indiana. *hint, hint*

Since you couldn't be here this year, enjoy these photos of our day.  We love you all and miss you greatly!


Me preparing the veggies (in my pjs) to go under the turkey while roasting.


Ready to go!


BL took pictures while I put the food out buffet-style.


Homemade pumpkin pie...ummmm!


BL & Meg enjoying mashed potatoes.



Chocolate mousse in a small cup of chocolate.


BL about to enjoy his daddy's dessert!



Now begins the Thanksgiving Feast coma!

No comments: