Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our Drive Up North

We borrowed Kathy's van to make the trek to Indiana for Christmas. Airfare being what it was plus having two creatures (no, I don't mean the kids) that would cost hundreds of dollars to kennel, we decided to drive. Michael was not to thrilled with idea but in the end he said the trip went better than expected. Here are some photos from the drive to Indy.

Before...


After...
Notice the five black bags from the middle to the left side? That's my craft stuff I thought I would get to work on while away. HA! Better to plan ahead and take it than have to buy all new stuff while there, right?! Wait a minute, I just got an idea....

Ready to go?

* * * * *
This was the price of gas at a station outside our subdivision the day we left, December 27th.
We actually got gas for $1.14 at the Kroger's just a bit further down the road.

* * * * *
Rocket did not enjoy the trip. It was a traumatic experience for him. He shed like crazy and everything was covered in fur. Thank goodness for lint rollers. Every time we stopped he tried to bolt out; he even did it at drive-thrus when the window was down. His favorite place was on my lap while I drove. Otherwise, he slept on the luggage in back.

Piper slept here most of the trip--at the kids' feet.


Hope you enjoyed these; I'll post more later. We miss everyone back home. Y'all need to plan a trip to the South. We'll put you up at Chez Ward, chauffeur you around and take you to some of our favorite Tex-Mex and Barbeque joints around Houston. Make your reservation soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! I love the way the Lord connects people for His purposes to be accomplished. Bless you in your ministry as you homeschool... I did it for 8 years! If you are ever interested in coming to one of my events please let me know. Also, I add a new post every Monday morning!

I just said a prayer for you...
Carla